San Juan Diego Scholarship
Holy Cross College invites Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals (DACA) qualifying students to apply for the San Juan Diego Scholarship. The San Juan Diego Scholarship covers the majority of college tuition for up to four years for two DACA-eligible incoming students each academic year. San Juan Diego Scholars are expected to maintain a G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher each academic year and provide 13 hours of service each week throughout the Fall and Spring semesters. Students are required to support events and activities directly associated with the San Juan Diego Scholarship program as well as engage, when possible, with various campus activities. Before being considered for the San Juan Diego Scholarship students must have been granted admission by the Office of Admission and must not be considered admitted under academic probation.
Requirements and eligibility for the Juan Diego Scholarship:
- DACA eligible or conferred at the time of enrollment at Holy Cross College
- Maintain a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher each academic year.
- Provide 13 hours of service per week at Holy Cross College (placements are determined through the Center for Educational Outreach)
- Support events and activities directly associated with the Juan Diego Scholarship program
- Meet with the program director at the end of each semester.
- Engage, when possible, in the various campus activities at Holy Cross College
The Juan Diego Scholarship is a partial tuition scholarship and does not cover room and board or school supplies (e.g. books). Students are required to provide $2,000 in tuition each academic year through loans, direct payments or outside scholarships. The scholarship only covers tuition for full-time enrollment during the Fall and Spring semesters.
How to apply:
Students that wish to be considered for the scholarship, must notify their admission counselor of their eligibility once admitted to Holy Cross College. The Center for Education Outreach will contact each student to discuss the selection process and arrange for further documentation for the selection committee. The deadline to apply is April 15.